The NHCSS is dedicated to developing an active and informed citizenry by strengthening and supporting social studies education in New Hampshire through all parts of the social studies – civics, economics, geography, history, sociology, psychology, archaeology, anthropology and law.
- Serves as an advocate for the social studies within the educational community and the governmental system
- Recognizes excellence in social studies teaching at the elementary, middle and high school levels
- Provides resources and professional development in social studies for educators
- Provides a forum for educators using social studies at all levels of instruction to interact and learn from each other
- Informs social studies educators about current developments and opportunities in the field
- Promotes and publicly recognize student and educator excellence in the social studies
- Promotes interest and involvement in the social studies